Terms & Conditions
Booking a Property is very different from booking a regular hotel room, especially with regard to payments and cancellations. Do please read the following conditions carefully.
- The property, known as Kemah Tinggi, Gang Bima, Sogsogan, Mengwi, Bali (The Property) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by the Owners, Mr and Mrs Geremy Thomas (The Owner, we, us, our), to the Renter (The Client, The Guest).
- In these Booking Conditions references to “The Client” or “The Guest” include the first-named person on the Booking and all persons on whose behalf the Booking is made.
- In making a Booking, a Rental Contract is entered into between the Owners and the Guest for the agreed period (“Rental Period”). By making a booking, the Guest is deemed to have read, understood, accepted and agreed to these Terms and Conditions without reservation or exception, and furthermore is also deemed to have agreed to personal data to be processed by us with regards to the Rental Contract. The Rental Contract is not effective until we have confirmed the Guest’s booking in writing.
- To reserve the Property, the Client should complete the online Booking Form and return it together with payment of the initial, non refundable Booking Deposit (being 30% of the total rent due). Payments are to be received by the Owner’s UK management company, Carbon Managers Ltd. Following receipt of the online Booking Form and Deposit, the Owner or his Representatives will send a Confirmation letter via email. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rental is payable not less than 60 days before the start of the Rental Period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing via email that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within 60 days of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of the booking.
- The cost of electricity, mains water, cleaning and garden supplies, and local taxes are included in rental rates. There are no additional costs, surcharges, taxes, staff salaries, or management fees above the price quoted unless otherwise stated in our property description, the Guest booking confirmation or reservation voucher. If the information in any of these is inconsistent, the most recently issued terms will prevail.
- Provisioning costs will be the Guest’s responsibility.
- Gratuities for household staff are encouraged and normal, but are left entirely to the Guest’s discretion.
- Confirmation details, the Property address, contact details for ourselves or our Representative and transfer arrangements to the Property will be sent to the Guest in a reservation voucher when full payment is received. This voucher, along with the Guest’s passport, need to be presented upon arrival.
Arrival / Departure times
- Standard check-out and check-in times are 11:00 am and 3:00pm respectively, unless stated otherwise.
- We will work to try to accommodate the Guest’s actual arrival and departure times, subject to availability. Please do notify us of a change in a Guest’s schedule so we are able to accommodate a change where possible.
- In certain circumstances a security deposit will be payable directly to ourselves or our Representative immediately upon arrival at the Property. The Owner has the right to impose different requirements on a case by case basis and the sum reserved in this Clause shall not limit the Guest’s liability to the Owner.
- Access to the Property may be refused if the security deposit is not paid in full. When the security deposit is required to be paid in cash, or when a non-standard security deposit applies, the Owner will inform the Guest in advance of the amount payable and any other conditions.
- The security deposit will normally be refunded at the end of the rental period after deducting:
- all additional expenses incurred on the Guest’s behalf (e.g. additional charges for goods, services and staff which have not been directly paid by the Guest, and telephone and internet charges, if applicable) and
- the cost of replacement or repair for any loss or damage to the Property or its surrounds or contents caused during the Rental Period. If this cost cannot be reasonably determined prior to the Guest’s departure, we or our Representative is entitled to withhold a reasonable estimate from the Guest’s security deposit, and will return any balance to the Guest as soon as possible after the actual cost has been determined.
Damage or Losses
- The Property is the Owner’s home. Please treat the Property accordingly, and leave it and all its contents in good order and in an acceptably clean condition. Any damage or losses caused during the Rental Period, as well as any special cleaning requirements will be the Guest’s responsibility and may be charged to the Guest’s account and/or deducted from the Guest’s security deposit.
- In cases of excessive or unacceptable loss or damage at any time during the Rental Period, we may require the Guest and their party, including visitors to vacate the Property immediately, without compensation or refund.
- The Property and its facilities are available for the Guest’s full enjoyment during the Rental Period. However the Owner, Owner’s Representative, or other staff and contractors may need access to the Property from time to time (e.g. for maintenance purposes to the house, garden, swimming pool, utilities and services, or for the purposes of providing additional services requested by the Guest, etc.). The Guest is required to give them reasonable access to the Property for these purposes.
Number of Guests
- The number of persons (adults and children) staying at the Property must not exceed the maximum number of sleeping places indicated in the booking confirmation and reservation voucher, unless specifically authorised in writing. Exceeding this number may invalidate any insurance policy on the Property.
- Entry or access to the Property may be refused or limited where the number of guests exceeds the stated requirement.
Use of Property
- All bookings are assumed to be for normal holiday purposes only, and the Guest agrees that the use of the Property will be limited to this purpose unless otherwise confirmed in writing.
- If the Guest is planning to hold an event, such as a wedding or party, which involves having a larger number of people at the Property, or if the Guest is planning to use the Property for a purpose other than holiday, please communicate this to the Owner at the time of booking, as special approval or arrangements may be required.
- Please note that same sex wedding ceremonies of any kind are not accepted by properties in Indonesia to avoid potentially offending prevailing local customs and last minute disruptions to guest plans.
- Depending on the nature of the event, a surcharge and/or additional security deposit may be required, which will be agreed and confirmed in writing prior to confirming the reservation.
- Note that the Property is in a residential area and is subject to rules and regulations regarding its use. Therefore, it may not always be possible to grant permission for certain uses or activities due to these or other reasons beyond the control of the Owner.
- If the Owner has confirmed a booking which includes an event at the Property, in certain circumstances the Guest must then obtain permits from the police and the local community before the event can proceed. The Guest acknowledges and agrees that the Owner and the Owner’s Representative cannot control the issue of these permits. If the police and/or the local community refuse to issue a permit for an event at the Property, the Owner or the Owner’s Representative will refund any event fee paid by the Guest to the Owner, however neither will be liable for any further refund or payment to the Guest.
Conduct and Due Care
- The Property is located in quiet residential neighbourhood. The Guest is asked to respect this, and ensure that all guests and visitors to the Property behave appropriately.
- Illegal or immoral activities including gambling, prostitution, prohibited drugs, possession or use of pyrotechnics or dangerous goods, and possession or use of firearms and other weapons are all strictly prohibited.
- Smoking and pets are prohibited at the Property.
- The Guest is responsible for the behaviour of the guests staying at the Property, as well as visitors to the Property during the Rental Period. Should any guest(s) or visitor(s) not behave in a suitable manner, the Owner or Owner’s Representative may, in their absolute discretion, require the Guest, their party and/or visitor(s) to leave the premises and/or vacate the Property immediately, without compensation or refund
- In the interests of safety, due care should be taken at the Property at all times, especially with children. Suitable supervision should be given around pools, beaches and roads, and when using all Property’s facilities.
Valuables and Security
- Any Guest valuables or property left or used at the Property are at the Guest’s own risk.
- Safety deposit boxes are provided in every guest bedroom for Guest use. Neither the Owner nor the Owner’s Representative accepts any responsibility for loss of or damage to Guest property.
- Any act or omission by the Guest, their party and/or visitors which may negate or prejudice the Property’s insurance policy and/or results in any loss or damage is the Guest’s responsibility.
- The staff at the Property will accommodate any reasonable requests to purchase provisions on the Guest’s behalf, and this will be charged to the Guest’s account at receipt cost.
- Once the Guest’s booking is confirmed, the price of the Guest’s reservation is fully guaranteed, even if the Owner changes the price on its website after the Guest’s booking has been confirmed. In return for this commitment, no refunds will be made for any exchange rate fluctuations that would otherwise reduce the rental cost.
- The Owner reserves the right to impose any taxes or other charges which may be implemented by any government or other regulatory body, which were unknown at the time of publishing. The Owner will tell the Guest promptly in the unlikely event that it becomes aware that any taxes or charges will apply to the Guest’s booking.
- In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply:
- 30% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period
- 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period
- 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- For no-show: 100% of total rental amount will be forfeited.
- The applicable amount will be deducted from the deposit and moneys paid, and the Owner will refund any remaining balance to the Guest.
- The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy, including cancellation cover, and to have full cover of the party's personal belongings, public liability etc.
- The Owner will do their best to accommodate any reasonable amendments, but the Guest should be aware that some changes may not be possible. Charges may also apply. Note: a shortening of stay for any reason is considered as a cancellation.
- In the unlikely event that the Owner is unable for any reason (including the sale of a property and force majeure) to provide the Guest with the Property, the Owner reserves the right to transfer the Guest and their party to an alternative Property of similar type and value, in consultation with the Guest. If the price of the substituted Property is less than the original booking, the difference will be reimbursed to the Guest. If the price of the substituted Property is higher than the original booking, the difference may be charged to the Guest. If, however, after considerable effort by the Owner, no alternative of similar type and value is available and / or no agreement can be reached between the Guest and the Owner, then either the Owner or the Guest may opt to cancel the booking and this Rental Contract. In that event, the Owner will refund the Guest all monies paid, without further compensation.
- Every attempt will be made for the Guest to have an enjoyable stay. If the Guest should have a problem during the Rental Period, please inform the Owner or their Representatives who will endeavour to put things right.
- In order for the Guest’s complaint to be addressed, the Guest must communicate any problem whilst on location. If no complaint is reported during the Rental Period, the Owner will assume that the Property was to the Guest’s satisfaction and no complaint will be entertained.
- The descriptions, assessments and/or ratings of the Property and its surrounding location which the Owner publishes or gives to the Guest are provided in good faith and in the belief that they are accurate, but neither they nor any oral representations made by the Owner or their Representatives will create liability the Owner’s behalf.
- Where the Owner publishes or refers to descriptions, assessments and/or ratings of the Property by third parties, these ratings are for information purposes only and the Owner will not be held responsible for any reliance placed on these ratings.
- The Owner does not accept any responsibility or liability for:
- any physical injury, sickness, death, loss, damage, inconvenience or additional expenses incurred by the Guest, their party or visitors regardless of the cause;
- any vehicle or the contents of any vehicle used, hired or engaged by the Guest or their party during the Rental Period;
- any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services or utilities to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance at the Property;
- inability of the Guest or any member of the Guest’s party to enter the location of the Property or stay at the Property for all or part of the Rental Period as a result of failure to obtain appropriate travel or visa documentation, cancellation or amendments to travel arrangements or the missing of flights or travel connections; and/or
- any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client as a result of, but not limited to, strife, strike, demonstration, riot, terrorist activity (threatened or actual), infectious disease, sickness or pandemic and government measures to combat such outbreaks, weather conditions, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, problems relating to transport and airport regulations caused by technical, mechanical or electrical breakdowns, or any technical, structural, electrical, plumbing or other problems or difficulties with the Property which make it unsafe or unusable, or any other circumstances which amount to ‘force majeure’ or Acts of God, or other events beyond the control of the Owner, his Representatives or Suppliers.
- In no case will the Owner or the Owner’s Representative individually or collectively be liable to make any payment or give any refund or compensation of any amount over and above the total rental amount paid.
- This agreement shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceeding arising out of or in connection with contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.
- If any of the conditions of this Rental Contract are or become or are deemed to be invalid, or if there is any omission from any terms and conditions, the remaining terms and conditions will remain valid and enforceable and cannot be contested.
These Booking Conditions and advertising literature supersede any and all previous issues.
Copyright Kemah Tinggi September 2020